October 11, 2009

Favorite art blog and charity auction for Susan G. Komen for the Cure

Fall is here.  At least in Chicago, anyway.  It was 26 degrees this morning!  The wind howls, the rain comes down and the leaves are falling.  I can't wait for our full fall foliage -- it's one of my favorite things.  It'll be here soon enough.











I am very excited to share with you a book and blog I am thrilled to have found.  The book is entitled "A Charming Exchange" by Ruth Rae and Kelly Snelling. Man, do they love charms!  Mixed media, vintage, restyling, bracelets, necklaces.....you have to see it to believe it.  I was in heaven.  Check it out.  Even better, Ruth Rae's blog, http://www.ruthrae.blogspot.com/ showcases Ruth's Mixed Media Jewelry and Fabric Art.  I am in such awe of her talent. 



Most importantly, today I wanted to share with you some information about a charity auction of jewelry from "A Charming Exchange" to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  There are currently 10 pieces to bid on, and new pieces will also be added throughout the month of October.  The jewelry is fantastic and your money will go to fight breast cancer and support the brave women who are battling against it. 





Here's a picture of my mom circa 1942 when she was about 18 years old.  She lived as a breast cancer survivor for 20 years. 


Please follow this link to bid: http://shop.ebay.com/english_dixie/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=


Thank you for your suppport!


   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI KATHY,LOVE YOUR SITE==KEEP-UP THE GOOD WORK==I WILL LOOK FOR MORE GOODIES IN MY CLEANING AND SORTING==IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL OUTLET FOR YOUR BOUNDLESS ENERGIES==AS FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL MOTHER, I WILL MAKE MY DONATION HERE IN HER NAME==THAT PICTURE OF HER IS PRICELESS, AND YOU REALLY HAVE HER GREAT LOOKS==LOL, MIMI

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails