What I did find in In Style's December issue (pages 316-317) was a few gorgeous pieces of jewelry that you might just put on your wishlist. Fairly reasonably priced were:
- Liz Claiborne's brass chain necklace with glass crystals, $85.00, www.lizclaiborne.com
- gold-plated ring with glass stones (reminiscent of pave') BCBG Max Azria, $25.00, www.bcbg.com
- silk chain-link necklace with bead and sequin embroidery, Sachin and Babi for Ankasa, $220.00, at Ankasa New York (212) 861-6800 (my FAVORITE, although pricey!)
- braided chain bracelet, $34.50
- pearl ribbon necklace, $44.50
- jeweled cuff, $39.50
And as far as jewelry making goes, I would love to try making one of those pearl ribbon necklaces. Anyone have any tips on what's the best way to attach the ribbon? I haven't seen a tutorial for this technique yet so I'm a bit in the dark as to the best way to do it. If I could master it I'd be a happy camper. And an even happier camper if I just looked like Heidi Klum...lol.
Time to rest up for the week ahead. Ciao.
"Be a life long or short, its completeness depends on what it was lived for."
-David Starr Jordan