Alice in Wonderland Pendant

February 19, 2010

Today I finally got around to making a finished patera pendant.  I LoVe these pendants, from Nunn Designs.  They come in gold, silver and brass, and in different sizes.  This one's a large gold.  Might work on a charm bracelet but probably better as a necklace?  I'll be trying them on both. 

I came across this image of Alice with "Pig Baby" from Lewis Carroll's classic "Alice in Wonderland." and thought it would be perfect for a pendant.  I trimmed the picture, placed it in the pendant and added Diamond Glaze as the finishing touch.  I was so excited watching it dry, waiting to see the finished product.


I have another image from the same book ~~ it's White Rabbit with his trumpet, as the Herald in the Queen's Court.  I think this is my favorite of all the images from this story.  It'll be my next pendant, hopefully to share with you tomorrow.


I'll leave you with a quote from the book: 

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
~ Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 6. 


Leave a Comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails