White Rabbit Patera Pendant Necklace

February 22, 2010

Well, I really did create another Alice in Wonderland patera pendant yesterday, but both our digital television and computer services were DOWN for a LONG TIME.........in a way a blessing, since it forced me to sit at the craft table instead of the computer:) (The book's original title was actually Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  The images are so old that the copyright has expired, so no worries if you copy and/or use them.) 

This image comes from Chapter VI: Who Stole the Tarts?  It's the white rabbit with his trumpet as a herald in the Queen of Heart's Court.



I found the two images (this one as well as Alice and Pig Baby) in my daughter's craft box ~~ she loves to decorate bottlecaps and she had these images already pre-sized for my pendants!  That got me started on a research mission, and voila' ~ I now know a LOT more about Alice in Wonderland than I ever did before! 

Here is the original image that I found on a website dedicated to the story of Alice in Wonderland:

Check out http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/ for more great pics and info.

I saved a bunch of other images from the site that I hope to use in some way in my jewelry in the future. Who knows, what with the recent Tim Burton movie adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, the jewelry might just be a hit.  Guess I'll have to put it onto Etsy and find out.

Time to run back to momma duties.  The kids will start trickling in in about 15 minutes.  Then it's chauffering, homework duty, snow play and dinner time.  I'm hoping I can find a little time for jewelry making tonight.  Yay!  I'll leave you with another quote from the book:

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where --" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if  you only walk long enough."
~ Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter VI      



Leave a Comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails