Sundance-inspired Drop Necklace

March 30, 2010

Okay, so I REALLY like (LoVe) the jewelry from Robert Redford's Sundance catalog.  So much so that I've created another piece of jewelry inspired by one of his artists' creations.  (For my other piece, see my March 26, 2010 post entitled Sundance-inspired Chain Drop Earrings and Tutorial.) This time it's a necklace.  Mine looks like this:



His looks like this:


A little different, but I like the way mine turned out.  He calls his the Neo-Necklace.  What I loved about it was its simplicity.  Like Sundance, I mixed and matched stones/beads and metals to create a one-of -kind adornment.  Mine is 24" long, not including the drop.  It's made of crystal and pearl beads, a silver charm, and antique brass, vintage copper and gunmetal chains all woven together to create its unique look. Here's another look:



And my favorite looks like this:



It was SO easy to make, once I'd figured out what I wanted to use.  It's as light as a feather and really sparkles in the light.  Yay!  If you get a chance, go over to the Sundance catalog and check out their great stuff ~~ clothes, too (to die for!).  They may be pricey, but sometimes a girl has to have what a girl has to have:)  Enjoy! 

TTFN    

Leave a Comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails