The Hennessy Collection

January 23, 2011

Collections are classic.  And they're classy.  At least that's what I think.  I've always wanted to create "collections" of jewelry.  Sounds so refined.  Sooooo, I've started to create collections of my Irish dance charm bracelets.   And what better names to use than those from my ancestry?  My latest treasure is part of the Hennessy Collection ~ in honor of my great uncle.  He lived in a monastery in New York (as a "brother") many years ago.  When I was a kid I was always a little bit afraid to go and visit until I'd see him and he'd make me laugh and put me at ease.  He was, as my mother would say, a real pip.  Plus, the name is associated with a very classy libation.  Otherwise known as Cognac.


The company was founded by an Irishman named Richard Hennessy in 1765.  It eventually became part of the powerhouse conglomerate now known as Louis Vuitton.......wouldn't it be nice if I were related to THOSE Hennessys?  A girl can dream, can't she?

Now, without further ado, I present the Hennessy Collection's first treasure. {I'm still playing around with some graphics programs, so bear with me.}


Now here it is in color.

I went a bit out of my comfort zone on this, since I've never used lampwork beads before. But I found these in one of my bead boxes and they screamed called out to me.





It's replete with all the Irish dance charms and then some.  You know the saying "You don't have to be Irish to be Irish," and I think that goes for my bracelets, too ~ you don't have to be an Irish dancer to wear my Irish dance charm bracelets.  I'll be putting it in my Etsy shop soon.  Until then,  

Erin go bragh ~

I'll be linking up here:







Tatertots and Jello






504 Main

Leave a Comment!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Very pretty! Lampwork beads are gorgeous, so much personality - sometimes tricky to get a nice balance using them because of it! But I think this is lovely :) Plus, green is my all time favourite colour so this is an instant winner in my eyes!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Pretty!
I have some lampwork beads I bought some time ago and never did anything with them.
Have a great week.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are just stunning Kathleen.

. said...

This is gorgeous!! I am not a jewelry maker, so I can only imagine the work that goes into a piece like this. :)

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

I *love* that shade of green! Makes everything pop!

Unknown said...

This is so fun. I love some of the Irish charms you've added and of course, the green!

Jen said...

I love everything Celtic! Very beautiful. I am following from Tater Tots and Jello link up. I haven't posted anything because there was so much! I hope you come by to say hi.
Cheers!
Jen
www.cariboobutterfly.com

Unknown said...

This sure stood out amongst the red and pink Valentine's projects. It is really is simply beautiful! Please consider linking up to my blog bash, K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Sunday, limk is open til Tues. evening. Happy to be a new follower.

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Interesting story about Hennessy, your jewelry is really lovely. Thrilled you linked up to my blog bash K.I.S.S., your creativity is greatly appreciated. :)
Please consider linking up your Etsy shop at The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag.

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Holly Lefevre said...

I am so impressed. Your bracelet is so very pretty. I adore charm bracelets. Thank you for linking up to tickled pink last week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails