I'm Dreaming of a White Kitchen

January 26, 2011

Despite what I read recently that said white kitchens are sooooooo passe', I remain solidly convinced that our humble home could be revitalized with a kitchen re-do.  More specifically, a dark brown cabinets-to-creamy-all-white-cabinets re-do.  With some added built-ins along the way, of course.  And perhaps all new stainless steel appliances

I'm loving the white brick backsplashes and beautiful stove hoods.


And wooden floors are SO much warmer than tile, don't you think?


Okay, so I'm REALLY not into the blue island, but I AM totally into the chandelier and white beadboard ceiling!  W-O-W.  Puts our ceiling fan to shame.

And I would be remiss if I didn't include my pretty much all time favorite kitchen ~ a feast for the eyes in my book.

Recognize this one?  It's the kitchen they used for the set of the movie Practical Magic.  If you've seen the movie you know that it's a great place to make midnight margaritas (I'm just sayin'...)!  Some of you might remember my Practical Magic Blog Party post about it here.  No question that this airy, romantic, white farmhouse kitchen would make me a happy camper.

For now, I'll keep dreaming and adding pictures to the idea board in my head and who knows?  Maybe one day, after putting all three kids through college, I'll get my chance to bring the dream to fruition.  Stranger things have happened, you know........so I'll just keep dreaming.  


I'll be linking this up here:
Sources: Photos 1-3 House Beautiful, photo 4 Southern Living, photo 5 Google images 

Leave a Comment!

Stacey said...

Beautiful kitchen inspiration! Happy Wednesday! XX

Home and Heart said...

I am one of those that has been and always will be in LOVE with the white kitchen!!! I hope both our dreams come true!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The house I sold before moving where I am now, I had a white kitchen with cobalt blue accents and loved it as it was so clean and crisp looking. Would like to do that here, but you are talking MAJOR redo. Not in my budget. :)
Drop by if you like toile - I am having a giveaway.
Enjoy your evening.
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Love those kitches...
I'd take any of them!
~victoria~

Lynn said...

My previous house had creamy white cabinets and I loved them. My "new" (1952) house has cherry cabinets and though I'm about to give it a makeover, the cherry has to stay. I was tempted to paint them but that seems to be a sin in most people's book. But I am putting in light countertops and subway tile so at least I'll get a little of my cottage dream. I love your inspiration today. Thanks so much for sharing. Lots of good ideas.
~Lynn at Cottage and Creek

Related Posts with Thumbnails