February 23, 2011

Harbinger of Spring?

I really hadn't planned on joining in the party this week, but I felt compelled in light of my recent thrift store purchases.  White really does welcome daydreams of spring.....

 {Clearly I did not notice how crooked the candle on the right was ~ sorry!}

I found this lovely white porcelain vase at a new local thrift shop today ~ I was giddy to stumble upon it {the new store, that is}!

The white candlesticks were a thrift store score.  {Say THAT three times fast...}  Club G.W., actually.

The vintage crocheted lace and doilies were picked up at a church barn sale last summer.

Then I saw this petite Infant Jesus of Prague statue and fell in love.  Right there.

I grew up with statues like this in my house....I never would have believed that I would actually be hunting them down in my old age when I got older. 

It could use a bit of scuffing up, but other than that it's perfect.  My daughter saw it and said, aghast, "Mom, there's a CHIP in the crown!"{like that's a BAD thing} to which I replied, "Works for me."

Don't forget to join in the fun here on March 2nd
and link up to my

Grab a button from my sidebar {I finally got the code fixed!) and spread the word.  And be sure to get your toile stash ready for a reveal!

Have a great week!

   I'll be linking up now over at Faded Charm and on Friday over at Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy.


Custom Comforts said...

Love your urns, candles and lace mixture!!! Great idea. I have an urn I'll have to try this with. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

saltbox treasures said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the kind comment. I would love to link up to your toile party. Most of my home is decorated in French Country, and I do love toile. Love your toile on your charm bracelet.
Have a great weekend.
~ Julie

Susan said...

Hello Kathleen,
It's nice to 'meet' you! Thanks so much for your kind visit to my blog. I do love toile as well (your toile charm is adorable), and will see if I can grab some toile photos for your party.
Thanks, Susan

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Such sweet treasures- I adore that darling little statue! I will have to try and get something together for your toile party! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails