Vintage Rhinestones Galore

March 24, 2011

So who's with me on this one?  My stash of flea market and thrift store vintage jewelry finds includes mucho rhinestones.  (Can you tell I didn't study Spanish?  I studied French ~ and a lot of good that did me!)  Up until recently I had a phobia (for lack of a better word) about taking some of those rhinestones and using them for other things.  Until I had an epiphany and realized that they look SO DAMN GOOD when they're added to OTHER things.  Case in point.


Okay, so maybe you can't really tell what I'm talking about here.  Let's move on to a (somewhat) better photo.


Can you see the bling now?  I salvaged the rhinestones from a broken and very much I've-seen-better-days gold plated necklace with a broken clasp.  The stones seem quite at home on the St. Joseph medal, no?  And the rhinestone dangle came straight from the necklace as well.


Gotta  love the crown charm.  And the patina of the medal.  The back looks like this.

St. Joseph pray for us.  Amen to that.

And to change gears completely here, I want to thank each and every one my followers who has been so loyal and so supportive.  It means more than you know.  And as for you lurkers, I know who you are....and thank you, too.

Next time I'll be delving more into the Easter Egg Hunt Protocol (yes, there's a protocol ~ you weren't informed?)  So stay tuned.

Have a great weekend.

I'll be linking up here:















Leave a Comment!

Privet and Holly said...

Into every life,
a little bling
must fall!!!
Beautiful creations,
each and every one!
xx Suzanne

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, I love to take apart jewelry too..it just looks so good added to other stuff. I love the necklace. I've visiting for French Inspiration Thursday!

have a wonderful day,
Stephanie ♥

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

Yes! Rhinestones are one of my favorites to work with ... can never get enough! Your jewelry designs are stunning and the sparkle from the vintage rhinestones just sends them over the top!

Thank you for sharing your inspiration at Voila!
xo
Jill

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty! One of my favorite things to do - repurpose the bling. :-D

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your bejeweled creations ~ swoon!

I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend.

the old white house said...

Love,love,love the bling! I repurpose jewelry all of the time and rhinestones are my absolute favorite! Your necklace is beautiful... xoxo

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kathleen, I love me some rhinestone bling too. Your jewelry is just gorgeous. love how you put it all together. So glad you joined in for the party,
hugs,
Debra

Anonymous said...

I adore the added blinkage...keep it coming. Ladies do like the sparkle! tiff

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Aren't you glad you took the plunge? Your jewelry is always gorgeous and this repurposed necklace is no exception!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails