Club G.W. with Charm Bracelet Diva No. 6

August 1, 2011

PARTY AT THE BOTTOM OF POST!

I hope that everyone is finding ways to keep cool these days despite the severe heat we've been experiencing over much of the country.  I know I'm ready to call it a day and wave buh-bye to summer already.  School will be starting in a few short weeks here in the Midwest and we can finally turn to dreams of fall,  my favorite time of year.  Until then, though, on with the show!

First I'll share a small Club G.W. re-do with you before last week's Features and the Party.......


Sorry for the fuzziness, it's the best BEFORE shot I could get.  I picked up this dark pedestal at Goodwill for $2.99 some time ago.  I thought it was O.K.  So it sat on my mantel.  And it sat.  Till I couldn't take that little nagging voice in my head saying, "Paint it, paint it!"  anymore.  So I painted it.


I used the same color that I used here on my other Goodwill pedestals, followed by the requisite sanding.


Then I added a dollar store glass jar and some lemons I got on clearance at Target a while back.





As my kids would say, ""Ba dat dat dat da ~ I'm lovin' it!"

As for last week's party, well, let's just say that the turnout was wholly unimpressive.  Certainly not the quality, mind you, but the quantity!  Therefore, you're ALL getting featured!  Thanks so much, ladies, who linked up last week.  I truly appreciate your joining the party.

Susan @ homeroad

    

Rosemary @ Villabarnes


  Lynn @ The Vintage Nest






Grab yourself a Featured button from my top right sidebar, ladies!  Please help spread the word so we can grow this party.

PARTY RULES:
Link up any post, past or present, related to any Goodwill, thrift store, flea market, estate sale, barn sale, YOU NAME IT, find you would like to share. This includes any posts featuring thrifty find re-dos!

Be sure to link your thumbnail back to your original post’s URL and not just to your blog’s main address. (If you don't do this InLinkz will redirect you to correct it.)

Please either post the party’s button (grab it from my top right side bar) OR link back to the party somewhere in your post.

I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO BECOME A FOLLOWER
but it's not mandatory.

And try to visit other party guests, that’s what this is all about!

Have a great week!

xoxo

I'm linking up here:



Leave a Comment!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your fabulous GW makeover. That dollar store container is perfect with the lemony splash of color. Thanks so much for hosting:-)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice paint job Kathleen. Thanks for hosting.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I do like the cylinder of lemons, and how you painted the pedestal you displayed it on! Wish I had something to contribute to the party, but I have not been doing any thrifting for a while now.
Have a great week.

Joselyn @ The DIY Spot said...

Your pedestal display turned out terrific! Thanks for hosting.

Homeroad said...

Great pedestal! Thanks for the feature Kathleen!
xo Susan

Anonymous said...

You have a good eye for putting things together.
My computer has been giving me difficulties for a long time and this summer heat is even messing with it. I managed to get it to play nice long enough to get a short post up.

KimMalk said...

Hi Kathleen, your repurposed pedestal looks great--how smart to put a $ store vase on it.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I can almost smell the lemons. Love how you showcased them! And thank you so much for mentioning me. I plan to be here this week. I hope you are having a fabulous and cooler weekend. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails