Family Affair

January 10, 2012



Do you remember when you were a little girl and you'd sneak a peek into your mother's jewelry box, hoping that she wouldn't notice you had been there?  I remember.  I loved her amethyst necklace and matching earrings.  I loved the religious baby jewelry she was holding onto for each of us to have as mementos in our later years.  I loved the delicate cuff bracelets.  And the pearls.  Oh, the pearls.

That love of old jewelry has followed me all my life, and I'm so glad that I've learned how to tap into that love and create repurposed vintage jewelry.  My absolute favorite pieces to create are those that have elements with special meaning for the wearer.  That's why I was thrilled to receive a request from an old family friend to create charm necklaces for her and 6 other women in her family (sisters and sisters-in-law).  She sent me vintage pieces from her mother's jewelry box and let me create individual treasures for each family member.




I felt privileged to chronicle the life of my friend's mom.  One necklace at a time.

I'm currently taking orders for custom-made vintage charm necklaces.  Just e-mail me (click on the typewriter in my left sidebar or click on my Profile) and we can chat about what you envision for YOUR custom-made treasure.

There are DIY/home decor projects in the works.  Can't wait to share them with you!

Have a great week.

xoxo


    
Pin It

Leave a Comment!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

That sounds like such a special project, I love it!! I know you will do an awesome job for them.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great way to share some very small items with so many.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Beautiful creations Kathleen. What a great idea to bring all of these precious pieces out hiding so they can be enjoyed.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is such a great idea! I love this as a way of giving your children and grandchildren something of yourself that they will always have and remember you by. You did a beautiful job with these pieces, Kathleen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails