One Kiss Valentine's Altered Candle

January 25, 2012

Okay so I lied.  My last post went on about how I don't decorate for Valentine's Day.  And I don't, really ~ at least not intentionally, anyway.  But while taking photos for a soon-to-be-revealed post on a different topic, I realized that I had actually made something that for all intents and purposes could be considered a Valentine decoration.  What do you think?  Remember, I'm into subtle when it comes to V-Day.


I've been in love with with vintage papers, especially vintage sheet music, for a while now.  I was lucky enough to score some great music books at local barn sales and flea markets recently and was looking for a way to use them.  I knew I wanted to alter some candles like I did last Christmas, here, but just a tad differently.  I wrapped burlap over the sheet music and added a heart locket tied on with jute.     

I honestly wasn't thinking of Valentine's Day when I made this, but it kind of works, don't you think?


ONE KISS

One kiss, one man to save it for
One love for him alone
One word, one vow and nothing more
To tell him I'm his own.....

The song is "One Kiss," from the Broadway operetta "The New Moon" written by Sigmund Romburg and Oscar Hammerstein (1928). I scoured the book for some hint of a printing date but there was none! Suffice it to say that it's O-L-D.  Oh, and did I mention that it's a Dollar Tree candle? Natch.

 
Inadvertent holiday decorating.  It's worth a shot.  You just never know what you're gonna come up with.

Hope you're all having a great week.

xoxo


I'll be linking up here:

Leave a Comment!

Tami Michel said...

Perfect without overdoing it! Very pretty.
~Tami @ Curb Alert!

KimMalk said...

Hi Kathleen--this turned out so pretty. It's perfect for Valentine's day.

Richard Cottrell said...

So very clever. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Mimi said...

Oh how I love those candles at Dollar Tree! The contrast of burlap with the sheet music that you used is wonderful! And that song...could't be more perfect!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Ah ha! You did decorate. Just kidding - but it works great as a Valentine decoration and will be fine later, too. Maybe that's what I should strive for.

Decor To Adore said...

Completely adorable and could totally be used any time of the year! :)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Subtle, and very charming.

Elegant Economies said...

Works! Like a charm! [giggle]
Audrey

Curtains in My Tree said...

yes I agree it works, looks very smooth and charming

Related Posts with Thumbnails