Tea Towel Graphic Transfer Surprise

April 2, 2012

Hello, friends.  Are you all ready for Easter?  I feel like I've been out of the loop for so long.  Weekly posting is not my style.  I usually post at least 2 times a week.  Most recently it was our Easter Egg Hunt that took precedence over everything else.

Well, I'm happy to say it was a HUGE success!  We were blessed with a beautiful day and great company.  We couldn't have asked for more.  Here's a sneak peek at the festivities.


I'll be sharing more from the Hunt in another post but today I want to share with you a special gift I received from my blog friend, Penny, of   At Home in English Valley.  She and her sweet husband attended the Hunt with a little friend and it was so good to see them!  You can learn more about our friendship over at her blog here.

Now Penny knows I have been struggling with the thought of making graphic transfer tea towels, but haven't actually done anything about it.  (Sound familiar?)  Anyway, she arrived at the Egg Hunt with gift(s) in hand.  And boy was I {ecstatically} surprised!


Is this a pretty surprise or what?


She is a woman of many talents, not the least of which is creating awesome, truly U-N-I-Q-U-E handmade burlap flowers.  Read about how she does it here.  I am very honored to have received one of them as part of my lovely gift.


Isn't it gorgeous?  Inside the beautiful package was a bottle of Citrasolv and 3 tea towels.  She even went so far as to print out some beautiful graphics for me to use in the project.

Not only that but she also included a handmade journal.  It's absolutely perfect and just my style.


I love the vintage inspired paper, scalloped border and burlap binding.


Not to mention the vintage dictionary paper lining the inside front and back covers.  I love to use vintage typography whenever I can, and I collect vintage dictionaries.  Great minds think alike, Penny!  And you gotta love the metal container.


And, well, let's just say that Penny understands me!


Love, love, love it!



Thanks, Penny, for such a special and truly generous surprise.  I'll do my best to make you proud and whip up some beautiful tea towels.  Can't wait to try it!

Okay, now that Spring Break's over it's time to get back to the reality of making lunches, carpooling, homework and after school activities.  As soon as I have a chance I'll share the Egg Hunt and some Easter ideas I've been meaning to share.

Have a great week!

xoxo


Pin It



Leave a Comment!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Glad the weather cooperated. Looks like you had a big crowd.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathleen...
what a wonderful
present...get
busy making them
towels girl!
love that burlap
flower! Penny is
my kinda' friend!
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I think everyone has been super busy. We just hosted a party and whew, it's over now. My feet are up, but not to relax, ha, ha, I fell off a ladder and sprained my ankle. Oh well...

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow, what a crowd you had and it sounds like it was such a fun time. Lucky you. What a fun filled gift basket, so pretty.

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Kathy, So happy that you liked my gift, since we like so many of the same things, it was easy to put together. I didn't know you collect dictionaries...big surprise, I do too! Thanks again for a great day. P.S. I had to leave the tags on... I know how you love a bargain;-). Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun! What a great gift! Your gift is lovely! Lots of treasures!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

What a wonderful gift basket, Kathleen. You lucky gal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails