Vintage Loving Cup Dream Fulfilled

May 16, 2012



I have been on the prowl for a vintage loving cup for ages.  I've looked for one at barn sales, church sales and flea markets to no avail.  I've only seen them on fab shopping sites such as Antique Farmhouse.

                                                                Source: antiquefarmhouse.com via AntiqueFarm on Pinterest


How cool is that?  I even have some on my Pinterest page.  You can check them out here.  But as much as I love Antique Farmhouse, this was too pricey for me.

Then I saw one recently in a local antique store (notorious for jacking up the price) and although it was fairly reasonably priced for an antique shop ($25.00), thrifter that I am, I just couldn't bring myself to pay it.  Sniff, sniff.  Now moving on to the next week......I was in a "community thriftstore" in a neighboring town and was ready to throw in the towel when I saw something silverish across a few aisles of kitchenware.  Naw, I thought, my eyes are definitely playing tricks on me.  But just in case, maybe I'll head on over there and check it out........glad I did.  Less than half the price of the first one.


This is definitely the part where I say "Yay, me!"  I'll admit it's more of a champagne cooler than a loving cup/trophy but who's going to be nit-picky here?  It's even engraved,  albeit oddly, with the name of a local family-owned furniture store!?  I told Mr. CBD it adds charm!


I loved adding it to my Ballard Designs copycat side table.  You can read about that here.  I had some fun with PicMonkey and tried some of their new textures.



And here we are without texture again.



Who doesn't love finding that special treasure for less?  I know I do.

Have you found any treasures this week?

xoxo


Leave a Comment!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice find! I like your first original pic without the texture the best. I have played around with picmonkey also and like it a lot - I just need to experiment more.

Unknown said...

Great find. It looks beautiful with your flowers! Come over and see what I found recently!!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Ha, ha, yes I think it is a champagne cooler, but I'm not picky either, it looks great.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I love it, I could kick my self...I have many times, I found a champagne bucket in a thrift store and sold it in my booth for dirt cheap. It was a couple years ago before they became the rage....I'll find another one and this one I am keeping!!

Carol

At Home in English Valley said...

In the never ending saga of coincidence between us, I have this same cooler and it say's Walter E. Smithe! I was thrilled to find mine at a rummage sale! If you check out photos of my buffet for spring you'll find mine with a faux fern in it. The flowers are beautiful! Have a great weekend ! Love, penny

momto8 said...

a true treasure!!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I feel your excitement!! Wow, I would have gone crazy after spotting this and the very thrifty price too. Love your vignette and the PicMonkey effects. So happy you finally found one!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails