Christmas Chalkboard Printable Posters

December 19, 2012


Can I tell you a secret? I'm a cheater. There, I said it. But I think you'll understand once I tell you why.  

Those of you who know me know that I've become a chalkboard junkie over the past year or so. I went all out on Thanksgiving and did a freehand graphic. You can see that here.  But let's just say that I didn't have it in me to do the same for Christmas.

So. I. Cheated.

But hey, at least I admit it. Thanks to Nest of Posies I just "made" my Christmas chalkboard.

 
Pretty impressive, huh?  {Wink, wink}


You may have seen her awesome post already, but if you haven't, you've got to go over there and check it out {here}. She provides downloads for 5 chalkboard printables!  I had a hard time trying to decide which one to use.
 

While I like them all, I chose the Joyeux Noel one, in keeping with my love of all things French.  Plus, I've always wanted a set of antlers on the wall!

I followed Kellie's advice and used Staples' blueprint paper blow-up service (just click on "engineering prints") to blow this baby up to around 28"x30".  I mean, it's huge!  But it fits just perfectly (after a bit of downsizing with a pair of scissors) inside my huge, white, chippy, shabby chalkboard frame.  You can see my DIY plexiglass chalkboard tutorial here.  It was so easy I felt kind of guilty.  Kind of.

I just cut it a bit to fit the frame, and then used that sticky stuff you hang posters with to adhere it temporarily to the chalkboard.  And boy was I happy with how it turned out!




   
You can see how I made the silver, red and green wreath hanging above the chalkboard here.

Pin It
 
Oh, and did I mention the price?  $3.95.  Well worth it, for a "chalkboard" graphic that's 100 times better than any one I could ever draw.  And another plus? The kids can't accidentally erase Mom's masterpiece!
 
Pin It
 

The white vintage trees came from a local thrift store (I got three of them for around $3.00).  And the plaid 1950's cooler is one of my most recent Goodwill purchases for $2.99.  It's a Skotch Kooler, designed by Petra Cabot.  I've seen it sell on Etsy for $50.00.  Great score AND it looks good as Christmas decor.

Thanks, Kellie, for such an easy and inexpensive Christmas chalkboard.  Maybe now I'll have time to do some of that wrapping.
 
Now it's time for me to focus exclusively on my family as we get ready to celebrate the blessed holiday.  From our home to yours, 

Merry Christmas!    

xoxo


Leave a Comment!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love this idea! Yours looks wonderful in that beautiful frame. Thanks for sharing Kathleen.

nest of posies said...

you are so right!!! it turned out fabulous! thank you so much for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this! I never knew this service existed. I love chalkboard art but am not very good at free-handing it. This is a nice alternative. Yours looks great!

bj said...

This looks fantastic.
I saw one on another blog and made myself one, too. Mine is small (we are packing to move) so I will make my large one next year.
Over from The Charm.....

Decor & Harmony said...

Very nice it really looks great Kathleen :) Have a happy holiday season!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Those are so beautiful! Lovely blog ;)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the way you cheat, it looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us, you are a feature this week at Ivy and Elephants. Hope you stop by and grab a featured button.
Hugs,
Patti

The Charm of Home said...

Fantastic idea!!
Sherry

The Charm of Home said...

This is an awesome tip! I am featuring it today on Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Hey, easy is good! Thanks for sharing this at the Christmas in July party - I'm sharing you on the Knick of Time Facebook page today!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knick-of-Time-Interiors-Classics-from-Yesterday/173323379356457?ref=hl

Angie @ Knick of Time

Unknown said...

That was pretty awesome yet easy as well. Thanks for sharing your Christmas decorating ideas, they came just handy this holiday. Have a great week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails