Cloche Call: The Good Egg, My Version

April 5, 2013


 
I love Good Housekeeping Magazine. Every month they have something that catches my eye, and my imagination. Their April 2013 issue had a picture of this cloche in anticipation of  Easter and all the home decorating that goes along with it. Only problem is, I didn't decorate for Easter this year. I know, I know. The Easter police will probably come and get me for saying that.
 
But other things got in the way, not the least of which was spring break and we weren't even home to enjoy any decorating I might have done anyway.  So.
 
I loved this cloche vignette. It spoke to me more of spring, really, than of Easter. And I knew I wanted to replicate it as close as possible for my home. Since Easter had already passed my goal was to try and stay true to the general look of the cloche but give it my own spin.

So what do you think?



I went so far as to take a trip to Michael's, hoping to find just the right moss and perhaps a fern or two. Only problem was, the moss was ridiculously expensive for what you got, and I didn't find any faux ferns. But I did find two small pots of faux greenery for about $1.50 each on clearance.  Hhhmmmm.  Maybe they'd work.  Only problem was, they didn't.

Once home I realized that my much-loved boxwood wreath from Antique Farmhouse might work in place of  the moss. And my blue speckled eggs,{that speak spring, really, not Easter} might just be perfect. It was starting to come together, but I still needed a focal point. So I waited. And lo and behold, Goodwill came through for me again. Lillies of the valley! My favorites! A mere $0.99 cents.  And how much more springy can you get?


Oh, and did I mention that I already had the silver bowl (Goodwill $2.99), the cloche (Target clearance, less than $10.00) and the eggs?




The top of the cloche has a dragonfly that I just love.


Every time I look at it I feel a sense of hope and renewal. How about you? Happy Spring!
 
 Well, that's it until next time, friends! 

I hope you enjoyed reading about

Cloche Call: The Good Egg, My Version

 and that I've inspired you in some way.
 
Don't Forget To Pin It!

Be sure to stay in touch:

 

Click HERE to subscribe.
Don’t miss another thrifty,
 DIY home décor post! 
 
 

Leave a Comment!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What do I think? I love it! I really like it on the silver stand. Makes me want to redo a couple of mine.
Have a great weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I absolutely love your cloche displays. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Kerri said...

i love it! and yours is so perfect b/c altho you could put it out at easter, you won't have to take it down all spring!!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What a great way to use the wreath! It's all very fresh and pretty, love it!

Jeanette @ Creating a Life

{linked right before you at Homemaker on a Dime!}

Marisa said...

OMC! Oh my cloche.LOL I love it. Very pretty. I found you on Homemaker on a Dime and I am a new follower. Come on over.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I like your version better! What an elegant homage to spring.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

It's perfect! I always like your version better.

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Very cute! I love the littl bee on top.
I'm visiting you today from Make It Pretty Monday. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Spring Hello

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Kathleen! I love how you pulled this together. I really like it in the silver bowl, too.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Very impressive!! Great job Kathleen.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Kathleen! Thank you so much for sharing at Pretty Things this week, hope to see you again tomorrow night :)

xo, Tanya
twelveOeight

Related Posts with Thumbnails