Displaying Hydrangeas in Vintage Milk Bottles with Wire Crate

July 13, 2013

Today's post is going to be short and sweet, folks. It's too beautiful a day to be sitting at the computer!

I just wanted to share another peak at my hydrangeas, both pink AND white this time, as well as my vintage milk bottles and wire carrying crate.  It's a super easy flower arranging idea that works beautifully, especially in summer. Take a look.
 
 
Here a simple, single stem decorates a large vintage milk bottle. 

 
Here I've added more stems to the crate as a whole.  They make such a pretty statement, don't you think? 


I just had to get in a few close-up shots.



These "mini" bottles and carrying crate are just darling.  They were free to me from a neighbor who was moving and was putting them by the side of the road!  I will be forever grateful to her for these beautiful finds!

You can pick them up at flea markets and yard sales if you keep an eye out and are patient.  But I must say that the way I inherited them is best!

 
I got five large, beautiful bottles as well.
 
Can't you see them all lined up down the middle of the table as a floral centerpiece?
 
 
So far, my all-time favorite roadside rescue.  For sure.
 
What's yours?

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend, wherever you are!

xoxo

 
I'll be linking up here:
 
 
 
 

Leave a Comment!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Lovely photos! Your Hydrangeas are beautiful! What a wonderful set of vintage bottles and the holder is great! Wonderful roadside rescue!

At Home in English Valley said...

Left on the side of he road you say? You are magic my dear. Have a great Sunday! Love, Penny

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Gorgeous! No wonder they're your favorite roadside rescue. I don't think I've found mine yet, lol.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Super cute! I love those milk bottles in the crate! so fun if you'd share a post over at this weeks Cottage Garden Party (Thursdays) at Fishtail Cottage? xoox, tracie

Jennelise said...

How beautiful! What a lovely idea!
Jennelise

cherry said...

Lucky girl! what a wonderful gift not 1 or 2 but an entire crate full and even the crate is perfect...
Your hydrangeas are beautiful..
hugs, Cherry

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Simply beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails