Galvanized Buckets, My Farmhouse Kitchen Table and Hydrangeas

July 29, 2013




I love galvanized buckets.  Especially ones that come from barn sales for little more than a song. I love how they look, and I love how they're used, too. What better use for one than to hold the last of my hydrangeas?




I got this beautiful galvanized bucket at a local barn sale a few years ago for a couple of dollars. Knowing that I'm not exactly a cleaning maven, I knew it wasn't going to be used for any type of housecleaning purposes.  But that's ok because I knew exactly what I WOULD use it for.


The bucket is so huge that I didn't want to actually fill it up with water because it would weigh a ton. I did, however, fill one of my largest vases with water, plopped the hydrangeas in the vase and then put the vase directly in the bucket.


As for the table, it's a custom-made 102-inch-long farmhouse table. We special-ordered 8 Windsor chairs to go along with it. We commissioned a carpenter to make the table in light of the really long eating area next to our kitchen. The area is eighteen feet long and there are not one, but two, chandeliers. You need a pretty long table to fit beneath two chandeliers! What I love about the table is that it's made from reclaimed red barn wood. It really fits the space perfectly, just like we had hoped it would. The bucket is sitting on my DIY Paris-stenciled burlap table runner.





Well that's it for today, friends!
I hope you enjoyed reading about
Galvanized Buckets, My Farmhouse Kitchen Table and Hydrangeas.

Be sure to stay in touch:

Click HERE to subscribe.
Don’t miss another thrifty, DIY home décor post!    




Leave a Comment!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Kathleen. I love your reclaimed wood table! Wow, it's a fabulous piece! I adore galvanized anything! Your bucket filled with pink Hydrangeas is lovely!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I brought back 2 old galvanized bucket from our trip to Italy...now I need to find them a place

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

The bucket and gorgeous hydrangeas are perfect on your table. Love your table, now you have room for all of us!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your hydrangeas in the bucket and I adore that table runner too. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Its beautiful...I love hydrangeas...they're definitely a favorite!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your table! It must be amazing to have it filled with family and friends for the holidays. Two chandeliers?!?
SWEET!!!
Hugs,
Patti

The Polka Dot Closet said...

And this is been the third time I have been jealous of those gorgeous hydrangeas. I would love to find a metal bucket too!

Carol

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Kathy!
This looks lovely! I want pink hydrangeas so bad. I have bought great, healthy plants in recent years, but they never make it to the next year. Only my white ones.... boo hoo!

Love your galvanized bucket on your long farmhouse table --- perfection!
xoxox
A

Debby Ray said...

I love the look of galvanized containers...especially with pink. I recently decorated for a bridal shower where her wedding colors were pink and gray. We used different types of galvanized containers with pink and white flowers. Your centerpiece is absolutely gorgeous!

Babs said...

The pink hydrangeas are really pretty in the galvanized bucket. They look great with the table runner. LOVE your amazing farm table. Visiting from The Polohouse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails