China Cabinet Styling Reveal

November 7, 2013


Yes, I fell in love with a very non-traditional Pottery Barn china cabinet, as seen in my last post here.



Don't you just love the wire?  While I know I'll probably never be able to rationalize paying for that actual cabinet, I also know that it can be an inspiration to me and others who want to change up the cabinets that we do have.  And that's just what I've done.


I'm sorry that I don't have a "before" shot.  But you're really not missing anything there.  The cabinet was filled with some very beautiful {Old Country Roses} wedding china and crystal, but it was lacking something.  A je ne sais quoi, if you will.  Then I saw it.  That darned Pottery Barn wire cabinet.  And not to sound wacky or anything but I really felt inspired by the look.  As soon as I saw it I thought of marrying all the ironstone I had with all the silver and mercury glass that I could rustle together. And voila.

soup tureen white coral mercury glass

It was too hard to get a picture with the glass doors closed due to the reflection, so I had to open the doors for a better picture. 

soup tureen white coral mercury glass

I added a pop of green here and there for visual interest.

red and green apples in a wire farmhouse basket

I mixed some homemade mercury glass with some store-bought on the top shelf.  On the middle shelf I topped a silver display stand with a silver wire bowl and some fresh, delicious-looking apples.  The bottom shelf houses one of my many thrift store ironstone tureen finds.

red and green apples in wire farmhouse basket


white porcelain lidded soup tureen

I just love the fluted detailing on this one.


There's more homemade mercury glass on the top shelf, a Goodwill ice bucket on the second shelf, and another thrift store ironstone tureen on the bottom shelf.


In real life this bowl is actually a very silvery mercury glass, even thought the picture makes it look very dark.  It was quite the Target find which I blogged about here.

silver loving cup white porcelain lidded gravy boat

I absolutely love my mini loving cup.  You can read about it's thrifty back story here.  And the thrift store mini ironstone tureen was a perfect fit for this shelf, don't you think?

mercury glass hurricane white deer bookends

I think the adorable deer head bookends (sshh, don't tell anyone they're supposed to be bookends) from Target are the only non-thrifted items in the entire cabinet.  The pretty mercury glass goblet to the left is also from, you guessed it, a thrift store.


I am absolutely loving my new dining room look.  I'm even thinking about maybe t.a.k.i.n.g. o.f.f. t.h.e. d.o.o.r.s.  That is, if I can convince Mr. CBD that I'm not crazy.

china cabinet reveal dining room Pottery Barn-inspired china hutch

What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed reading about my
China Cabinet Styling Reveal.
And thanks so much 
for spending time with me today!

Be sure to stay in touch:
Just click on my Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram icons in my top right sidebar. You can also sign up there to receive my blog posts via email as well.

If you sign up via email, you should receive a confirmation email in your inbox. If not, please check your spam folder
 (and/or your "Promotions" folder if you have gmail)!


Thank you!

Don't forget to Pin it! 


  



Don’t miss another thrifty, 


DIY home décor post!      



Leave a Comment!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Kathleen! I think it's a great knockoff! I love the ironstone china combined with the silver and Mercury glass pieces! Fabulous ideas- thanks for sharing!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It looks great, festive, but not over the top! You have done a great job on making the mercury glass, I have not tried it yet. The whole arrangement is so attractive and eye catching

Carol

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

White, silver, and a little greenery thrown in...what a stunning combination. Great job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Kathleen! I love your tureens! The white reindeer pieces are great, too. A perfect accompaniment to your cabinet all year, but especially for the holidays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails