Subtle Seasonal Decorating: Chippy, Shabby, Goodness in a Mini-Birdbath

January 16, 2014

Today I want to share with you a thrift store find that's become one of my decorating go-to favorites. 


Isn't it divine?


Just look at that time-worn {or is it?} patina!

I picked it up at a thrift store for a song. And as vintage as it looks, I don't think it's actually vintage.  I think it was made to LOOK vintage. But that works for me, too.  I've kept it on the powder room counter for a while now, just changing out the filler from season to season.  Take a look.


Snowflake soaps made an appearance this winter.  For Christmas time it can be filled with small, shiny ornaments.


This one's actually for Spring/Summer.  I fill it with sea glass collected by me and my family from along the Jersey shore and Lake Michigan.  I'm thinking that I'll try some mossy rocks in it this Spring. 


For Fall it's a no-brainer.  I just fill it up with acorns that my kids bring in from from the yard.

The possibilities are endless.  That's one of the reasons I love it, it's so versatile.   

What would YOU put in it?

Be sure to stay connected and follow me via Google Friends Connect, Bloglovin' or e-mail subscription (all in my sidebar) if you haven't done so already.

I'd also love to see you follow Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}'s Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter pages, too! Just click on those really pretty-colored icons below:

Leave a Comment!

Stacey said...

For now, how about chocolate kisses. :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

If it was on the kitchen counter - individual wrapped candy.:)
Enjoy your evening.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's a charming piece, Kathleen! I agree with the chocolate suggestions, but it could hold cotton balls in the bathroom. Not very glamorous, I know, but it was the first thing to come to mind. : )

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, this is so pretty! I love the patina! You're right, the possibilities are endless in adding seasonal items to it! What a great find!

NanaDiana said...

That is SOOO cute, Kathleen. I just realized that I have a little one (one bird) that I must have left outside on the patio...well, it is covered in snow now- xo Diana

At Home in English Valley said...

How about a nest? I have them everywhere in the spring, with a few sprigs of flowers, Even though I love winter, I start thinking spring the end of January, just to fight the gloom. Great find as always! You're the (wo) man! Love, Penny

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love the patina, old or not. Oh yes, a nest would be perfect!

Jenny H. said...

I have a similar piece which has only one bird, but it too is made to look like it's got an old patina. I love mine, and have used it on the foyer table with seasonal items in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails