Vintage Pastels with Madonna and Child

March 11, 2014

Tarnished Grace.
That's the name of my handmade vintage jewelry line.  You can read about the origins of that moniker here, on my Etsy shop "About" page.  I think the name speaks volumes about me and the things I hold dear.

That being said, I don't think you'll be surprised to see my most recent vintage find that I'm absolutely, madly in love with.


Isn't it lovely?

I'm always on the look out for vintage religious statues whenever I'm thrifting, but rarely find anything even second-glance-worthy.  But this one's a keeper!


Just look at the detail!  And the colors, oh the pastel-ly watercolor colors.  This particular statue reminds me so much of one that we had when I was growing up.  And the best part?  It's chippy-shabby goodness.
Just look.


I love the soft blues, pinks and creams.

 

When my daughter saw this she said I should paint the base of it to make it look like new.

Uh, no.

Taking advantage of the elusive sunshine in these parts, I grabbed my camera and took a few shots of the Madonna and Child along with some of my vintage rosaries.








I'd love to put it out on display, but since we're showing the house and all, well, I think most people wouldn't "get it." They'd probably just walk away scratching their heads.  I do think vintage-lovers are a special breed of people.  Wouldn't you agree?

Once we finally move, though, it's going to be on display for sure.

Because it really makes me smile.


I can't believe I'm saying this but they're calling for another 4-8 inches of snow here in the Chicago suburbs tonight. As a result, it looks like our realtor tour/open house scheduled for tomorrow will have to be postponed. Grrrr.  Hopefully things will work out for the best.  

Well thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my vintage, chippy, shabby, makes-me-smile Madonna and Child.   

I'd really love for you to stay connected and follow me via Google Friends Connect, Bloglovin' or e-mail subscription (all in my sidebar) if you haven't done so already.

I'd also love to see you follow Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}'s Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter pages, too! Just click on those really pretty-colored icons below:

CLICK ON ONE OF THESE:)

Don't miss another thrifty DIY home decor post!

xoxo

Leave a Comment!

The Charm of Home said...

What a great find. She is just beautiful! I found a small one a month ago and I grabbed it up. It is much lighter in color. Yours is very traditional. I would keep it!
Sherry

At Home in English Valley said...

There us something about the Blessed Mother that speaks to us as women and as mother's ourselves. We just had a meeting to plan a May dinner for our club, and a May crowning theme was mentioned. I don't know if you are Catholic, but growing up, May crowning was a beautiful tradition. All the Mary songs, flowers, a procession with the first communionants, the big girls who did the actual crowning dressed in white. Our club has a statue in our cabinet at church very similar to yours. It's a great find and will be perfect in your new home. Thanks for bringing back a flood of memories. Love, Penny

Decor To Adore said...

She is perfectly exquisite. Great find!

Lucy said...

Oh I have been on the lookout for one too. The only one I have found was a pink and blue version that needs a paint job. Yours is so perfect, especially the chippy patina that she has. You are a kindred spirit!
xo Lucy

Related Posts with Thumbnails