Teen Halloween Bedroom and Free Bat Template!

October 8, 2014


My oldest daughter has her own sense of style.
Whether it's her clothes or her room decor, she knows what she wants.
She wore high top sneakers to her 8th grade dance.
Her favorite clothing color is black.
And she wanted to decorate her room for Halloween.

Her style is understated, which I like.
It was totally her idea to decorate the wall above her bed with bats.
She found the perfect free bat template online and got to work.






She cut out 30 bats and set them up on the wall
above her bed using sticky tack.
I think she did a great job displaying them.
They really look like they're flying out of her room,
don't you think?
She was subtle with the Halloween theme on her bed.
She already had the sugar skull pillow, and she somehow
unearthed a Halloween Beanie Baby bat and black cat.




The sugar skull pillow came from Tuesday Morning.


The comforter cover and shams came from Ikea,
as did her three other decorative pillows.


The bedside lamp is from Target.
Can you tell she loved the book/movie
"The Fault in Our Stars"? 

The really nice thing about it is that it can be taken down quickly and easily
and replaced with something else when the spirit moves her.
Which, based upon my intimate knowledge of teenage girls,
will be very soon.

Have your kids ever pitched in and/or orchestrated 
their own Halloween decorations?
Well, that's it until next time, friends! 

I hope you enjoyed reading about my 
Teen Halloween Bedroom and Free Bat Template.

And thanks so much for spending 
time with me today!

Be sure to stay in touch:
Just click on my Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram 
icons in my top right sidebar. You can also sign up there 
to receive my blog posts via email as well.

If you sign up via email, you should receive a confirmation email in your inbox. If not, please 
check your spam folder (and/or your "Promotions" 
folder if you have gmail)!

Thank you!

Don't forget to Pin it! 





Don’t miss another thrifty, 


DIY home décor post!      

Leave a Comment!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the way the bats look flying across her wall! The black cat bat is adorable! I see she shares her mom's interest in decorating! Great job!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Love the bats! Fun! XX Jo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

How cute is this? What a great idea and so easy to change out.

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

How cute ~ she did a fantastic job. Her bedding is adorable!

The Charm of Home said...

This is super cute! I love the pillows.
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails