Thanksgiving Tablescape and a Bouqs Bouquet

November 13, 2014


Flowers really can make or break a tablescape. We don't
entertain often since our families live so far away,
but when we do I love to create a tablescape
that is both inviting and colorful. I think I
achieved my goal this year with my Thanksgiving
tablescape, compliments of The Bouqs Co.


 
(In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm an affiliate for The Bouqs Co.,
which means that they provided the flowers for
this post.  If you buy one of their awesome bouquets
from a link on my blog I will receive a small
monetary payment. All opinions are my own.)

The Bouqs, an online flower company, is a farm-direct
option for beautiful flowers at flat-rate prices. 
They've received props from many big names in the
entertainment industry, including O Magazine's 2013 "Wow List":

The Bouqs offers 40 elegant, minimalist arrangements, with
nary a sprig of baby's breath in sight, for a flat rate of $40,
including shipping to anywhere in the United States.
Because they're sent straight from sustainable Equadorian
farms, where they're grown in sun-drenched, mineral-rich
volcanic soil, the flowers arrive just four days after being cut
(versus six to 14 for many florist-bought
arrangements). (thebouqs.com)
—Abbe Wright 


When I picked up these deer head mugs at JoAnne's
for 60% off I knew I would be using them for vases.
But first I wanted to create a more traditional arrangement.
 
 
Here's what they looked like when they arrived.
Aren't they gorgeous?
 

I purposely ordered their "Dawn" bouquet, knowing that it
would make a great fall color arrangement for a Thanksgiving
table. And who doesn't love roses? When they arrived I was
pleasantly surprised to find that my dozen was actually
a dozen plus two, or 14 flowers. I added some pheasant
feathers and dried filler flowers I had on hand to create
more of a Thanksgiving vibe. I loved how they looked 
in my enamelware pitcher on the foyer table.



 
After the foyer display, it was on to the tablescape! I was really
looking forward to this part, after having scoured Pinterest
and blogs to get an idea of how I wanted to decorate 
my table this year. I embraced the fall colored roses
and kept things simple and natural.


The tablecloth is actually a woolen throw blanket we brought
home from our honeymoon in Ireland almost 20 years ago.
I thought it helped create a fall ambience, as well as
stir up memories of picnics and tailgate parties.  

 
Baby boo white pumpkins were the main event, along with
simple pine cones and pheasant feathers.
 
Each place was set with a vintage white napkin, a
mini pumpkin and a chalkboard name tag.
 
 
 
I even added a turkey-shaped soup tureen at the end of the table for effect.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 I can already see these filled with red roses for Christmas!
Maybe on the mantle?
 
And many thanks to the Bouqs for providing me with the perfect
fall flowers for my beautiful Thanksgiving tablescape.
 
So what's YOUR favorite flower?
 
   I'd really love for you to stay connected
and follow me via Google Friends Connect,
Bloglovin' or e-mail subscription
(all in my sidebar)
if you haven't done so already.

I'd also love to see you follow
Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}'s
Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter pages, too! 
 Just click on those really pretty-colored icons below:
 

CLICK ON ONE OF THESE:)

You can even follow me on Hometalk and Instagram
(both on sidebar as well).
 
Don't miss another thrifty DIY home decor post!

xoxo

Leave a Comment!

Sarah said...

Love the details on this table. The wool throw sets the stage for coziness and the row of baby boos with the acorns is a perfect centerpiece. Love the roses!

NanaDiana said...

Those are beautiful flowers, Kathleen. I really like the color! Roses are my favorite all around flower but I love lilacs in the Spring.

You table setting is lovely- warm and welcoming for Thanksgiving. xo Diana

Vanessa said...

I love your table scape for sure. It's beautiful with those roses.

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I like all of the ideas, everything is so nice. Thanks for sharing.

The Kitchen Wife said...

I love how this is both rustic and elegant. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, I love your tablescape! The floral bouquets are gorgeous! The rose is my favorite flower! The throw is a perfect accent for your table! Well done!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Your fall table is so pretty! How fun are those deer mugs - perfect for small bouquets and yes, they will look great with with red roses. The pumpkins and pine cones marching down the middle and quail feathers sitting atop your Irish throw have my heart.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

The roses are gorgeous and look perfect in your deer head mugs. Love the idea of using a wool blanket as a tablecloth, it adds so much rustic charm. Thanks for sharing all these ideas, I just might have to borrow a few for our table.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

A beautiful table....love love love it!

the cape on the corner said...

how interesting-yours definitely looked more orange than mine, which were orangey red. i love the deer mugs as vases, so smart!
b

Related Posts with Thumbnails