My Bottle Drying Rack Reveal

April 20, 2015

bottle drying rack on kitchen sideboard charm bracelet diva at home

In my last post I shared with you a few different ways to use bottle drying racks
as farmhouse décor. And today I thought I'd share with you how I'm using mine. It's
really nothing fancy. Just a coffee/tea station set up on the sideboard in the kitchen.
But I think it's in the perfect place for now.



The white hobnail patterned mugs are a nice contrast to the dark cabinet. I even added the matching white hobnail sugar bowl and creamer. You can read all about the beginnings of my hobnail collection here. The white DIY EAT sign, and pieces from my vintage ironstone collection, round out the display nicely. I made the EAT sign by painting plain, inexpensive, wooden letters from the craft aisle at Wal-Mart.

white hobnail sugar bowl, spoon and creamer charm bracelet diva at home



bottle drying rack on kitchen sideboard charm bracelet diva at home


bottle drying rack with hobnail mugs charm bracelet diva at home

I placed the rack on top of a vintage cutting board I picked up for nothing at a thrift store.
 I would love to have a vintage wooden bread board collection someday.

vintage bread board collection

Maybe like these.....I can dream, can't I?
 
I also added some daffodils from the yard for another pop of color. 

daffodils in garden trug

daffodils in garden trug

daffodils in blue mason jar

daffodils in blue mason jar

I never tire of using my vintage Ball canning jars as vases,
 no matter what flowers I put in them.

bottle drying rack on kitchen sideboard charm bracelet diva at home

I know my current use is less than original compared to all the possibilities listed
in my prior post, but as I said, for now it's perfect right where it is.
 
Thanks for all the well wishes since I've been sick.
 
I think this flu is FINALLY on it's way out!

Be sure to stay in touch:
 
   Facebook.com/CharmBraceletDiva
Pinterest.com/charmbdiva
Twitter.com/CharmBDiva

Enter your email address in the box below
to join my e-mail subscriber list:

then just click:


(And be sure to confirm your subscription
when prompted by email!)
Don't miss another
thrifty
 
DIY
 
home decor post!
 

Leave a Comment!

Ana said...

It's perfect Kathleen. Loving the milk glass hobnail pieces.
Happy new week.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Stacey said...

I love all the hobnail cups on the drying rack. I have a drying rack too and haven't used it yet. Your cups sure are inspiring. :)

Anonymous said...

What acute idea to place your drying rack on a cutting board! Your vignette looks great! Your Daffodils are so pretty and add such a nice pop of color! So sorry you have been sick! Dad has been very sick and I haven't been able to visit lately. Do take care!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Perfect use for the rack.
Beautiful bouquet of daffodils - thanks for sharing them with us.
Sorry you have been sick and hope you are feeling much better.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I think that's an excellent use for the rack. I was just thinking the other day how I used to have a cup tree and could use it again. The daffodils are so pretty and I like them in the mason jar.

Kelly said...

I have that same cup holder and I use it the same way. It's next to my coffee maker. I like how you added those cute letters to spell EAT too.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It is a perfect idea for me! I have been looking for a coffee cup holder since I remodeled my kitchen, I love this idea, I am going to a vintage market this weekend....I am going to keep my eyes open!

Carol
PS: Great pictures

Related Posts with Thumbnails