Natural Spring Decor: Wheat Grass in Eggshells Revisited

April 29, 2015

wheat grass growing in egg shells
 
Right before Easter I shared with you my wheat grass-in-eggshell epic fail. Turns
out I was using old seeds. Even though it didn't work out I was determined to make
it work, come hell or high water. So I went out, bought new seeds, and collected
even more eggshells to use for planting. I did everything else the same.


And I'm happy to report it worked, y'all.
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells
 
My only stumbling block this time around was trying to figure out how to crack an
egg just so, leaving a nice, smooth edge all around. As you can see from the photos
 I never did figure it out. Any suggestions? 
 
I like how they looked on display in the egg carton, but I also like how they looked
 in my cute little white egg cups (99 cents each at World Market).
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells in Ikea terrarium

 
wheat grass growing in egg shell
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells
 
wheat grass growing in egg shells in Ikea terrarium
 
Here they are in my Ikea mini-greenhouse*. I bought this greenhouse a few years
back, and I pull it out every Spring, filling it with either wheat grass or faux greenery.
Using the eggshells is reminiscent of Easter, for sure. But I do think that grass also
works as generic spring d├ęcor. I mean, what screams SPRING louder than new life?
 

{*PLEASE NOTE: I've recently become an Amazon affiliate, so occasionally

you'll see a link to a product I've used or otherwise endorse. If you click

on the link and ultimately buy that product I'll receive a very small commission.
 But don't worry. I would never direct you to any product I would not use myself.*}
  
Moving on to more things "Spring," here's something I'm excited about.
 
Ranunculas!
 
Pink, red and orange.
 
pink, red and orange garden ranunculas
 
pink, red and orange garden ranunculas

pink, red and orange garden ranunculas
 
Aren't they gorgeous?
 
I've started planting my flower garden but it still has a long way to go. I'll be so happy
when I can bring fresh cut flowers inside! Be sure to stay tuned for a fresh cut
flower primer that I have in the works. If you're tired of paying too much for flowers
at the grocery store (like I am), you'll definitely want to read it!       
  
Be sure to stay in touch:
 
   Facebook.com/CharmBraceletDiva
Pinterest.com/charmbdiva
Twitter.com/CharmBDiva

Enter your email address in the box below
to join my e-mail subscriber list:

then just click:


(And be sure to confirm your subscription
when prompted by email!)
Don't miss another
thrifty
 
DIY
 
home decor post!
 

Leave a Comment!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- That is THE cutest thing with the eggshells and grass in the greenhouse with the pot. Love it. So much fun to see it. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

Diana Petrillo said...

Love your wheat grass, Kathleen! I've never had much luck growing it, but perhaps it's time to try again...:)

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

What a cute idea, Kathleen! I have to give this a try. I love the bright green grass against the white of the egg shells- thanks for sharing!

handmade by amalia said...

This is such a cute idea. Like!
Amalia
xo

The Charm of Home said...

Looks great! Thanks for linking with HSH!

Related Posts with Thumbnails