Vintage Cake Stand with Pumpkins and Hydrangeas Fall Arrangement

October 13, 2015

Today I'm sharing how to create a natural fall decor arrangement with dried hydrangeas, pumpkins and a vintage cake stand.

silver cake tray stand pumpkins hydrangeas



yellow stripe pumpkin baby boo pumpkin dried hydrangeas

I've seen it done on Pinterest and a number of blogs out there - just mix up some little pumpkins on a cake stand and add some hydrangeas. Bam. There it is.

dried blue hydrangea white pumpkins

base silver cake stand

Here's my killer thrift store cake stand. Just the right patina. And it's HUGE!

dried hydrangeas pumpkin tray


blue green white hydrangeas baby boo pumpkins

I used both live and dried hydrangeas but you can use whatever you want. I've seen some people use just live flowers and place a small vase right in the middle of the arrangement. I opted to go for e-a-s-y! Just cut the stems and plop those beauties in the crevices and around the pumpkins.

dried limelight hydrangeas tiny pumpkins decor

rustic natural fall decor



silver cake tray stand pumpkins hydrangeas

You can mix and match the colors of the pumpkins as well as the colors of the hydrangeas. Work with what you have on hand, that's what I did. Simple and inexpensive if you already have the flowers! I've been blessed with an abundance of hydrangeas and I couldn't be happier about it!


Well that's it for today, friends.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my
Vintage Cake Stand
With Pumpkins & Hydrangeas
Fall Arrangement 
and that I've inspired you in some way.

Don't forget to Pin it! 



Be sure to stay in touch: 

Click HERE to subscribe.
Don’t miss another thrifty,
 DIY home décor post!
 
 

Leave a Comment!

Anonymous said...

Love this and the way you styled it! It's a great Fall piece! The Hydrangeas and Pumpkins look fantastic with the patina on the cake stand!

NanaDiana said...

What a great find, Kathleen! Wow- the pumpkins and hydrangea are all just beautiful together. Bet you are excited for tomorrow! xo Diana

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great Fall decor idea. Like the others, I like the mix of the pumpkins and hydrangeas.

My thrift store addiction said...

So lovely! The tiny white pumpkins are my favorite variety and I adore hydrangeas! Hugs, Cecilia

Kelly said...

I love the mix of pumpkins and hydrangeas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails