Thrill of the Hunt #39

January 16, 2017


Welcome to the first Thrill of the Hunt of the new year! It's cold here in the midwest, as is to be expected for this time of year. But I know much of the country has suffered from severe weather these past few days so I'm hoping that wherever you are you're keeping safe and warm. I've got my usual eclectic mix so without further ado, here we go.

I've got a few thrifty finds that I picked up prior to Christmas, this plaid thermos being one of them. It came from the last pop-up estate sale I went to with my son recently.  


I love vintage red plaid "Thermos" thermoses. They evoke a certain sense of nostalgia for many people. They remind me of fall, bonfires and tailgating but they also remind me of trying to stay warm while ice skating in the winter. And of camping. Summer vacations were spent camping (with a tent!) when I was growing up.


I already had one of these thermoses, but it's a bit bigger than this one. I knew that they would look good together, as Christmas decor, along with my vintage Skotch cooler.


Here's another vintage thermos to add to the collection, although this one is a bit different than the plaid ones. I was drawn to it due to the bright orange color. There it sat on the shelf at Goodwill, next to some other very nondescript plastic drinkware. But I knew it was a collectible as soon as I saw it.


Just to be sure I looked on the bottom for some information, and then googled "Aladdin's Dura-Clad". I got many hits on etsy and ebay for similar thermoses for sale. Lucky for me I think I got the better price. I'm guessing it's from the 1970's or 80's. 


 I'm really loving on these two right now.


I found some great vintage Christmas salt and pepper shakers to add to my ever growing collection. 


It's a Fitz and Floyd Omnibus 1996 Jolly Santa Salt and Pepper Shaker Set available here. 


I was happy to find such a well-respected named-brand shaker set.


My next item was a 50 cent Goodwill purchase .... the five-drink-recipe retro glass. It's a mid-century throwback and I love it. It will go great with all my other vintage barware.



I've never heard of a "Bronx." Have you?




I've never heard of an "Orange Blossom," either.  It's orange juice, nutmeg and gin! I'm looking forward to adding the glass to my vintage bar cart. 


I hope you enjoyed reading
 Thrill of the Hunt #39! 
And thanks so much for spending 
time with me today!


Be sure to stay in touch:
Just click on my Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram icons in my top right sidebar. You can also sign up there to receive my blog posts via email as well.

Don't forget to Pin it! 




Don’t miss another thrifty, 
DIY home décor post!      

Leave a Comment!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Great finds Kathleen. I love that red retro glass bar ware! Perfectly mid-century.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

You know I love the thermos but your vintage cocktail shaker is fantastic.

My thrift store addiction said...

Kathleen, you always score the best barware! The plaid thermos is my favorite--sadly, I never see them here!

Diana said...

My "Christmas" plaid and red thermoses are still out as winter decor. I'm with you--I just love them. Great finds!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love your finds, Kathleen...especially the great glassware!

Related Posts with Thumbnails